The following points shall be paid attention to when using sodium pyrosulfite in food processing:
1) Sodium pyrosulfite is a solid reducing bleach. Its solution is unstable and volatile. It is now prepared and used to prevent the instability and volatilization of sulfite.
2) When there are metal ions in food, the residual sulphurous acid can be oxidized; It can also oxidize and discolor the reduced pigment, thereby reducing the effectiveness of bleach. Therefore, metal chelating agent is also used in production.
3) The substances bleached with sulfite are easy to recolor due to the disappearance of sulfur dioxide. Therefore, excessive sulfur dioxide is usually left in food, but the residue shall not exceed the standard
4) Sulphurous acid can not inhibit the activity of pectinase, which will damage the cohesion of pectin. In addition, after sulphurous acid infiltrates into the fruit tissue, the sulfur dioxide can be removed only by crushing the fruit during processing. Therefore, the preserved fruit is only suitable for making jam, dried fruit, fruit wine, candied fruit, etc., and cannot be used as the raw material of canned food.
5) Sulfite can destroy thiamine, so it is not easy to be used in fish food.
6) Sulfite is easy to react with aldehydes, ketones and proteins.
The wonderful contents of this article are provided by refined naphthalene manufacturers. There are many wonderful contents on this website. You can click to enter more contents http://www.jnjdbc.cn We have special customer service to answer your questions