1. It is used in medicine to regulate the acid-base balance in human body, so as to recover the normal effect of nerves. According to the same purpose, it is used as food enhancer;
2. As a water quality stabilizer, its advantages are as follows:
(1) it has significant harmonious effect and is suitable for various formulations such as molybdenum, silicon, phosphorus, tungsten and nitrite. Because of the harmonious effect, the corrosion inhibition effect is greatly improved;
(2) on the contrary, the inhibition rate increases with the increase of temperature;
(3) the ability of scale inhibition requires strong complexing ability for calcium, magnesium and iron salts, especially for Fe3 +;
(4) As the corrosion and scale inhibitor of circulating cooling water, it is incomparable with other corrosion and scale inhibitors, which can achieve the effect of eliminating pollution;
3. It is used in food industry, because it can effectively prevent the attack of hyponatremia syndrome, so it can be used as food additive. Sodium gluconate and potassium gluconate have excellent taste threshold. Sodium gluconate has no irritation, no bitter taste, and the taste of salt is close to salt. The threshold value is far higher than other organic salts, which is 5 times of salt (inorganic salt), 2.6 times of sodium malate and 16.3 times of sodium lactate. Sodium gluconate and potassium gluconate are used in food processing to regulate pH, improve food taste, and replace salt to produce healthy low salt or salt free (no sodium chloride) food, which has a great effect on improving human health and enriching people's life.
4. During the commissioning of sewage treatment, industrial glucose is added to supply carbon source, which is to better cultivate bacteria and improve the biodegradability of sewage. If the COD and BOD in the working system are not enough for the growth and reproduction of bacteria, additional dosing is needed to prevent sludge aging and biological activity decline.
5. It can be directly used in food and medicine industry. It can be used as reducing agent in printing, dyeing and leather industry, and glucose is commonly used as reducing agent in mirror industry and silver plating process of hot water bottle. In industry, a large amount of glucose is used as raw material to form vitamin C (ascorbic acid).