Now that you have asked, we still want to tell you that formic acid is really toxic, and it may threaten people's lives if it is serious. Now our editor will tell you simply what serious harm is there once formic acid is inhaled, and how to solve it once such a situation occurs?
Formic acid is toxic. It mainly causes irritation of skin and mucous membrane. Contact can cause conjunctivitis, eyelid edema, rhinitis, bronchitis, severe cases can cause acute chemical pneumonia. Concentrated formic acid can corrode oral and gastrointestinal mucosa, cause vomiting, diarrhea and gastrointestinal bleeding, and even cause death due to acute renal failure or respiratory failure. Skin contact can cause inflammation and ulcers.
Formic acid is a colorless and transparent fuming liquid with a strong pungent acid taste. Its vapor and air form an explosive mixture, which can cause combustion and explosion when exposed to open fire and high heat. It reacts with strong oxidant. It has strong corrosivity. ·When the concentration is high, it is harmful to aquatic organisms.
First aid measures of formic acid:
1. Inhalation: quickly leave the site to fresh air. Keep the respiratory tract unobstructed. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If breathing stops, perform artificial respiration immediately. See a doctor.
2. Eye contact: lift the eyelid immediately and rinse thoroughly with plenty of flowing water or normal saline for at least 15 minutes. See a doctor.
3. For at least 15 minutes, wash with plenty of water to remove contamination. See a doctor.
4. Ingestion: gargle with water and drink milk or egg white. See a doctor.
So if you don't need to use it in industry, try to keep away from formic acid. Even if it is necessary, you should take protective measures.
The above is about how to take emergency measures for inhalation of formic acid, so I hope you should be careful when dealing with formic acid. If you want to know more, please click the refined naphthalene manufacturer http://www.jnjdbc.cn Website.